2 Ways to Increase Your Breastmilk Flow



When I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I knew that I wanted to breastfeed. Although I was a similac baby, I wanted to try something different with my kids. After all, the experts say that breastfeeding is the way to go, right?

Well I was successful at first, but then things started to get a little rocky. I wasn't pumping much at one sitting. I'm talking about taking a half hour just to kick out 2-3 ounces altogether. I was concerned and thought that I would be forced to switch to formula. Then I made these 2 changes; my supply turned around tremendously. With my second pregnancy, I already knew the tricks and my flow was abundant. 

1. Drink a full cup of water each time before pumping. This allows for an easy flow of breastmilk. Try it. It really does make a difference. 

2. Try to pump right after breastfeeding. The milk is flowing now. It should be easy to collect more right after a feeding. 

Ultimately, the best way to feed your baby is to FEED YOUR BABY!  If you find that the breastfeeding process is just not working out, then use formula. It exists for a reason. It's easy to feel defeated, especially if things don't go as planned. Rest assured, you are not a failure. There's no shame in a change of plans. Do what works for you and your baby. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Learning Binder

Meatballs, Sweet Potato Fries, & Broccoli