Homemade Ice Pops

 



One thing that I hate is spending money on something that I can do/make myself. Another thing that bothers me is how unhealthy ice cream can be, which sucks because it's my absolutely FAVORITE!

But my husband and I have started our healthy-living journey and we've been doing pretty well. So I knew that if I had any chance of staying committed, I would have to find a worthy alternative to ice cream.

One day, the idea popped up to use ingredients around the house to make our own ice pops using a muffin tin.



STRAWBERRY-BANANA ICE POPS
yields 6 pops
Ingredients

  • 3 chopped fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 dole banana
  • 1 cups Nonfat Greek Yogurt
  • 1/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. I used a spoon (no need for a blender). I wanted to keep chunks of the strawberries, however I did mash most of the banana for the mixture. Pour mixture into the muffin pan cups.

CHOCOLATE CHIP - WALNUT ICE POPS
yields 6 pops
Ingredients

  • handful of chocolate chips
  • handful of chopped walnuts
  • tbsp honey
  • 1 cups Nonfat Greek Yogurt
  • 1/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Pour mixture into the muffin pan cups. 
Place Popsicle stick in the center of each cup. Then place tray into the freezer.

We ate a couple of pops that evening and they were so delicious! Of course you can make your own modifications to your liking but not only does this cut down on cost, it cuts down on sugar and calories 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Ways to Increase Your Breastmilk Flow

Toddler Learning Binder

Meatballs, Sweet Potato Fries, & Broccoli